Client Service Associate
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To make it easier for us to read through applications, please put your cover letter and resume in the body of the email.
The email should start with a “cover letter” message that shows you read this job description thoroughly. Again, put it in the body of the email itself, not as an attachment.
The email should then have your resume that shows pertinent qualifications for this job. Again, put it in the body of the email itself.
- Greet visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
- Promote positive public relations with our clients and office.
- Interact daily on the phone and in person with prospective and existing clients, including handling basic inquires.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) needed.
- Day-to-day office operational functions: answering phones, filing, general office support, basic computer skills are necessary (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) along with a desire to learn and grow in this area.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned, special projects etc.
- Assist in the scheduling of client/advisor meetings.
- Help maintain client data base.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
Ability to work primarily in the RFC office location on a computer and on the phone for approximately 40 hours per week during normal business hours of Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm EST.
Fluency with the English language.
Ability to pass a background check that includes identity, credit, and criminal history.
Access to a working device capable of doing video calls for interviews.
Ability to provide three professional or personal references willing to speak with us.
- A natural instinct towards client service. Helping people makes you happy. Greeting clients and other guests makes you smile, and you don’t mind making them feel comfortable in our RFC home by offering them a cup of coffee.
- Willingness to collaborate and work as part of a team. You feel proud when others on your team are successful. Compromise comes naturally, and you enjoy building on others’ ideas and having them build on yours.
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently both verbally and in writing. You want to make sure you are understood and are motivated to re-orient your message as appropriate.
- Organized. You don’t lose things. You like checklists and to-do lists. You plan before you do.
- Humility and a desire to learn. If you don’t know something, you don’t pretend that you do. Yet you also like to research things and be the person who knows. You ask for help when you need it. You do not have any problem asking “stupid” questions.
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience. This position is exempt from overtime.
- Participation in quarterly individual performance-based and team-based bonuses.
- 401k plan with 3% safe harbor firm contributions and discretionary firm profit-sharing contributions.
- Payment for classes and study materials for professional education.
- Flex and remote work hours policy
- PTO according to your time worked at RFC and paid holidays.
- Team building functions and events: examples- team birthday lunches, retreats, trainings, conferences, parties, etc.